Slurs crossing staves and barlines

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sirty

Post by sirty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:56 am

Okay I've been searching the help files and the internets, tried it on my own but I just couldn't get it to work.

My problem is, I want to connect the two notes indicated by the purple triangles with a slur. A slur that looks like the one I painted in.

When I create a multi-arc slur I can't drag it over the barline, and also they look very unsmooth ...
"Pessimism Prevents Disappointment"

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Input a note into the empty bass clef bar. This will then allow you to position the end of the slur where you want it in the treble clef. Then Hide the note (and rest(s)) in the bass clef bar and insert a whole bar rest if needed. Finally create the extra arc in the slur and adjust.

Or use a non-magnet (red) slur.

Andy

sirty

Post by sirty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Thank you!
Though it worked, I guess Sibelius is not made for slurs like that..
Now another question, but I think the answer is no: Any way to form a slur with an extra arc smoothly and without so much randomness ? I know slurs are not very flexible in Sibelius, but that extra arc makes them weird like hell.
"Pessimism Prevents Disappointment"

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:26 pm

I remember the old way I used in Sibelius and Finale. Carefully use two or more non-magnetic slurs and line them up to make the arcs.