erm..making the metronome actuallyClick?Hello?AnyClickWillDo

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
matt984

Post by matt984 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:15 pm

What kind of a company makes a software like this with a mtronome that doesn't actually click. It makes no sound at all. I've spent 5 hours looking through help files which are completely unhelpful. Who in the world has time for this, tell me that.

It's the most basic of operations. A metronome should make a SOUND of some sort. I've tried everything, from changing drivers, selecting "click during record, click during playback", as hard as I can possibly press with the mouse. nothing. useless.

I'm an advanced PC user, music producer, PC builder, composer, programmer, and musician, and I've never seen such poorly made software in my life (apart from some cheap unknown company software, and , of course, emagic Logic).

Unfortunately, using this software is a must, and I have no choice and for some odd reason, it seems to be the market leader. It's a sin.

Any Click Will Do. I don't care if the click is the sound of someone clapping their hands, picking their nose, banging a toilet seat, sneezing, or what it is, as long as it CLICKS and is of such short instance that once can tell where the beat lies.

So.. back to the question. Any ideas?

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:23 pm

Is it something as simple as clicking "MIDI THRU" in the Devices dialog?