Guitar Frames, resizing, blank?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Wesleighcat

Post by Wesleighcat » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:37 pm

Howdy, I'm using sibelius 2 on windows

does anyone know how to enlarge guitar frames without changing staffsize, etc.?

How do I set that as a default?

can I make blank guitar frames?

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:25 pm

Wesleighcat wrote:how to enlarge guitar frames
Size etc can be changed in House Style > Engraving Rules > Guitar

The only way to have this as default is to export House Style then Import House Style into future scores or Manuscript Paper.

You can get blank Guitar frames as symbols, though if you want to change the size you'd need to either create a 'new' music font based on Opus Special in a larger size, or use Text. .(Insert some text; if you're using Windows then type ALT+0182. Use the Properties Window to change the font to Opus Special and adjust the size. Then use copy to make more of them where you need them.).

Wesleighcat

Post by Wesleighcat » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:06 pm

ok. I enlarged the frames, but now the fingering dots look too small. Any help out there? Lurker, where are you???? Help me :cry:
Lurker wrote:

The only way to have this as default is to export House Style then Import House Style into future scores or Manuscript Paper.

You can get blank Guitar frames as symbols, though if you want to change the size you'd need to either create a 'new' music font based on Opus Special in a larger size, or use Text. .(Insert some text; if you're using Windows then type ALT+0182. Use the Properties Window to change the font to Opus Special and adjust the size. Then use copy to make more of them where you need them.).

Wesleighcat

Post by Wesleighcat » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:07 pm

ok. I enlarged the frames, but now the fingering dots look too small. Any help out there? Lurker, where are you???? Help me :cry:
Lurker wrote:

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:39 am

Wesleighcat wrote:ok. I enlarged the frames, but now the fingering dots look too small.
Although there is no setting for the dots representing the fingers , iIf you make the O and X (above the frame) the right size in House Style > Engraving Rules , the dots will be in proportion as well.

Wesleighcat

Post by Wesleighcat » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:21 pm

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1