Keypad and Dynamics Help!

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
HighImStan

Post by HighImStan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:24 am

Hi,

Can someone help me? Somehow, my keypad is all the way at the top of my screen and I only see the lower half of it. Because of this, I cannot move it around and cannot even punch in notes on the upper half of the pad. Is there some way to move it back down?

Also, how in the world can we input dynamics? THANK YOU!!!!

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:11 pm

HighImStan wrote: my keypad is all the way at the top of my screen
There are a few things you can try:

1 Windows > Keypad (to close)
2. Exit Sibelius
3. Re-start Sibelius
4. Windows >Keypad (to open)

OR

Try opening Sibelius with a different screen resolution. With a higher resolution the keypad may be within reach; a lower resolution forces Sibelius to re-size windows and, when you re-open Sibelius in your normal screen mode, they keypad may be in reach.

IF YOU'RE STILL STUCK then you can actually edit the Registry to re-set the position of the keypad - if you know what you're doing.

And as a last resort - re-instal Sibelius!!

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:18 pm

HighImStan wrote: how in the world can we input dynamics?
Click on a note; CTRL+E (or Create > Text > Expression), then enter dynamics.

When you type dynamics, you can hold down CTRL while you type p,mf, ff etc which forces Sibelius to use the Opus music font.

Otherwise you just get ordinary type, for things like 'cresc' and 'dim'. If you want to toggle between bold and not bold, use CTRL+b and to toggle between Italic and not, use CTRL+i

For cresc and dim hairpins, click on a note and use H or SHIFT-H and extend with the space-bar.