Copying cues to drum parts

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
thesoundsmith

Post by thesoundsmith » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:41 pm

OK, so I have a layer of notation which does not play on voice 1, a hidden layer of drum notes that do play on voice 2 and now i need to add cues from instrumental tracks. I want to copy a bar or two from trumpet one time (treble clef transposed) and trombone the next (bass clef, non-transposed) and copy them as cues to the drum part (paste as cue) but when I do, everything changes - visibility, noteheads, etc, and I have to completely rebuild each bar. Then if I change the cue line, I need to do it all over again.

Is there a way to merge cues with the existing parts? Do I need to convert voice 1 to voice 3 first? Everything I do seems to wipe out the existing part, and I don't want to re-write the lines, that is a tremendous waste of time. I'm sure there are folks out there who, when they finish with a chart, it's done. But I'm always tweaking, so a merge function (for both drums AND for merging cues with regular staff parts) would be great to know about. Or have.

Thanks for any ideas.
Dasher

It's all about the music. I keep telling myself that...