Start with a left-hand page

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Jeroen Noten

Post by Jeroen Noten » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:50 pm

(I'm Dutch, sorry if my English isn't correct.)

Hello,

Now Sibelius automatically starts with a single right-hand page and afther that, a coupled left-hand and right-hand page appear. Is it possible to start with a left-hand page instead of a right-hand page?

Thank you in advance,
Jeroen Noten

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Jeroen Noten wrote: Is it possible to start with a left-hand page instead of a right-hand page?
Click on the first bar; use Create > Other > Page Number Change and choose 0 or 2 (or any even number) as your first page.

An alternative strategy is to use Create > Title Page which will give you a blank page to start, followed by a left-hand page.

It depends why you want this.

Jeroen Noten

Post by Jeroen Noten » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Thank you! That's a smart work-around. ;) But isn't is possible to start at page number 1 at the left-hand page, without creating a title page?

BTW: Using page number 0 doesn't work. Sibelius changes it back to 1.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:40 am

Jeroen Noten wrote:isn't is possible to start at page number 1 at the left-hand page?
Apparently not - at least in terms of the Sibelius screen display. But you can print the pages any way you want.

This depends on why you want Page 1 on the left. Since Sibelius doesn't support automatic duplex printing of double-sided paper, you can print whichever page you like (or none) on the back each page.

If necessary you can move the page numbers to the opposite side of the page (Set House Styles > Edit Text Styles > Page Numbers > Horizontal Position to Inside Edge).

Or, if you want to make a page 1 & 2 spread with pages 3 & 4 printed on the back, make another Page Number Change on the second page and call it Page 2 (see attachment).
and also wrote:BTW: Using page number 0 doesn't work. Sibelius changes it back to 1.
I hadn't previously noticed this! It is a change in Sibelius 5 over past versions. Having "Page 0" used to be part of a rather crude work-around which was the only way to get a Title Page.
Attachments
Spreads.jpg
Getting the right page numbers on a 4-page score printed as a spread
Spreads.jpg (33.5 KiB) Viewed 8669 times

Jeroen Noten

Post by Jeroen Noten » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:02 pm

OK Sebasian, many thanks for the help.

I think I'm going to work with a blank title page.

Greets,
Jeroen

thesoundsmith

Post by thesoundsmith » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:38 pm

[quote="Sebasian" Since Sibelius doesn't support automatic duplex printing of double-sided paper, you can print whichever page you like (or none) on the back each page.
[/quote]Sibelius is not responsible for duplex (double-sided) printing, that is a function of your printer and printer drivers. My HP 6110 duplexes just fine with Sibelius.
Dasher

It's all about the music. I keep telling myself that...