Glissando Lines behaving weirdly!

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Toaster

Post by Toaster » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:31 am

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to put glissando lines to notes and they're behaving very strangely! Sometimes they'll move but won't stretch, sometimes they'll stretch but won't move, sometimes there's no 'handles' on them, sometimes there are and sometimes grabbing a handle and moving the mouse results in a line stretching in all sorts of weird ways completely unrelated to where I'm moving the mouse! And also, there's absolutely no correlation with the lines from score view to part view!!! It's driving me nuts! Is this a bug (I'm using Sib 5.0) or am I just being useless?

Also, while I'm here, on a completely different subject, Is there a way to stop text objects breaking multi rests?
easiest if I give an example:

I've got a score where the trumpets have an 8 Bar rest from bars 43-50
However, the 'to coda' sign is at the end of bar 48, with the DS at the end of bar 50.
So when I go to the trumpet I part, there is a lovely 6 bar multi rest with the 'to coda' at the end of it, then 2 individual bars rest with the DS at the end of that! If I delete the DS, it wonderfully displays the 2 bar multirest, but breaks it up again when I put the DS back!

Why is it that the 'to coda' sign isn't breaking up my 6 bar multirest, but the 'DS' is breaking up my 2 bar multirest?

Help! (And sorry if this is too long winded, I couldn't think of a more succinct way of putting things!)

TIA for any help!

Toaster