My Problem?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Well, my problem is that I don't use Sibelius that often and I forget how to use it. Then it's like starting all over.
I'm using Sibelius 6.

My main problem is the drum part.

I use one staff for my drums. I'm not concerned about play back, just notation because I'll be printing out all the parts.

I have the bass drum in on the first space and the snare in on the third space. That's how I do it. I have them in.

I cannot get the hi-hat in which I'll probably put on the forth or fifth line and the crash cymbal probably on the first line above the staff.

I went to the keypad and clicked on voice 2 or 3 and cannot make it work.

So, I need a little help remembering how I did it in the past.

Thanks,

sus4

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Make sure that your kick and snare notes are written in voice 2. If they're not currently in voice 2, you can swap them into voice 2 by selecting a bar and hitting Shift-V. Then select the first note in the first bar, hit N to show the caret, hit Alt+1 to ensure you're in voice 1, and away you go inputting your hi-hat notes.

sus4

Post by sus4 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm doing what you're saying, but my snare is in voice 1 and the kick drum is in voice 2. I can't seem to get them both in voice 2.

I'm using a Mac computer. I don't think that's the problem

I'm using a midi controller to enter the notes, but that shouldn't matter either. Right?

This is very frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:19 am

sus4

Post by sus4 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:44 pm

That tutorial was wonderful!!!!
That explained everything. Thank you so much.

It looks like there are more tutorials on the same website.
I'll check them out.

sus4