"Fit To Page" Function?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
RLaneyPerc

Post by RLaneyPerc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Hello Hello!

I'm extracting some parts from a large wind ensemble score and was curious if there's a way to automatically make the parts fit to 1 or 2 pages (or 3, 4, etc.).

For example, I'll extract my Oboe part and it will come out to be 1 full page and then 2 staves left over on a second page. Is there a way to automatically re-size the staff so that it fits it all to 1 page, or make it a little bigger to automatically spread it fairly equally across 2 pages without individually re-sizing every part in the score?

Thanks! Any insights/thoughts are appreciated.

-Ryan
Let's Talk Music :)

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 am

RLaneyPerc wrote: Is there a way to automatically re-size the staff so that it fits it all to 1 page
No, but there is a fairly simple way: use Layout > Document Setup > Staff Size and make small changes. The miniature version of the page shown in the dialog window will help you gauge the most economical size to use for each part.

In some cases where there is only a small amount of music left over on the next page you could select the page and the extra bit and use Layout > Format > Make into Page.

RLaneyPerc

Post by RLaneyPerc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Thank you both! I will be sure to look into that plug-in some time.

-Ryan
Let's Talk Music :)