Instrument sounds in Sibelius 6 demo

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Cold Steel

Post by Cold Steel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:32 pm

I'd like to double check that the instrument sounds that come with Sibelius 6 aren't enabled in the demo.

If that isn't the case then either my soundcard doesn't support them or something is miss-configured.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Cold Steel wrote:I'd like to double check that the instrument sounds that come with Sibelius 6 aren't enabled in the demo.
I think that the demo will use your computer's inbuilt sounds (DLS or Microsoft Wavetable Synth). Sibelius Essentials is a BIG file and isn't available for the demo.

If you have VSTi devices on your system Sibelius might be able to find them — use Play > Playback Devices > Audio Engine Options to point Sibelius in the right direction to locate the files.

Cold Steel

Post by Cold Steel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:47 am

Okay, thanks. The interesting thing is that when you go to Play > Playback Devices there is a list of alternate sound libraries. But no matter which one you choose the system default one is still active.

I find the example sound files on the web pretty convincing that Sibelius 6 sounds entirely acceptable for composing and many instruments could be used even for a decent final production with suitable signal processing.