Sheet Music on Digital Frames

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
delgado

Post by delgado » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Loading a few pdfs of sibelius parts onto my e-book reader (kindle) got me thinking- the "digital music stand" seems to be beckoning (if it's not around already, probably still in the expensive/to be developed further stadium).

The kindle does not lend itself to reading sheet music too well (the regular one is quite small, and the larger dx still has the lighting/page-turning issues).

But sifting through what is now offered in terms of digital photo-frames (backlit, remote-controlled, multi-format-reading etc), I wonder if anybody has successfully adopted such a device as a sheet music reader, which models/brands are best suited and what is still missing to use these frames for this purpose.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Beckoning?? It's been here for years, my friend. Music Pad Pro is what orchestras use, 'lesser' mortals have been using pdf's on tablet PC's, iPads etc for ages, too.

I'm still using real music. I did try out the Music Pad Pro a year or two back and while it's impressive, I wou;d never have the time to scan all my music in, then convert to pdf etc.

delgado

Post by delgado » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:33 pm

yes, I was understating the state of affairs re MusicPad, but my question was geared toward the increased ubiquitousness and array of DigiFrames, paired with the fact that pdf export is implemented fairly batch-friendly, in Sibelius.

A Frame that loads pdf, has a manageable screensize and is remote-controllable (footswitch), plus comes at an interesting price, would be a more trivial investment than a full-fledged, dedicated Musicpad I'm thinking. It's very possible somebody has been thinking and researching along the same lines, thus my question. Thank you.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm

There has been quite a bit of discussion of this on the Yamaha Personal Keyboard Owners Forum, and I'm sure it's been going on elsewhere. I've not come across a digital frame that's big enough and light enough, or one that has really easy access to the pdf files, but there again I haven't really been looking that hard! :D