Version 2.1 - chord font issue

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Dave Horne

Post by Dave Horne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:13 pm

It's been a while since I used Sibelius and now realize I have the same issue\complaint I had years ago when entering chord text symbols.

I'm using the Inkpen family of fonts and the 'm' for minor (Fm7) displays as a M though smaller. Has this been resolved in newer versions and am I entitled to use the newer fonts? (Please tell me this has been resolved.)

Version 2.1 is just fine for my meager needs, but the chord symbols are a real problem for me. The alternative is for me to enter the chord symbols manually using a felt tip pen.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. DH

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 pm

There is a lower-case m in the Inkpen2 Chords font (that ships with Sibelius 6). You can get these fonts (and continue to use them) by installing the latest version of Scorch, or trying out the Sib6 demo.

What is unclear is whether they'll solve your problem with chord symbols in Sibelius 2 without a lot of extra work.

I'd post this question at the official forum (www.sibelius.com/helpcenter and click on the link for Forum) as you'll probably get a quick answer direct from Sibelius.

And, by the way, there are hundreds of major and minor improvements since Sib2 that might interest you – try the demo to see them in action.

Hope that helps

Jeremy
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

Dave Horne

Post by Dave Horne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Jeremy, I posted at the forum you suggested. Thanks!

DH