Sibelius 7 woes: Help not available on ver.7 !!!....

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
diogenes

Post by diogenes » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 am

I just installed SIbelius 7 from the box set.
On the Quick Start panel, clicking on "Help" does NOTHING!
On the notation entry window, clicking on the "?" does NOTHING too.

The video tour specifically tells that the "?" invokes the Help function.

Reminds me Detroit's slogan: "Finish will be done by the customer..."

Soundborne

Post by Soundborne » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Hmm... In the Quick Start window, I don't see any button named "Help". There are three videos you can click to, documentation stuff, and an online help link. What are you referring to?

As for in the program itself, the "?" in the top right corner of the program just brings up the Reference Guide. Sibelius 6 had a Reference Guide, too. Basically, just do a search in the guide for what you need help on. It's like a dictionary/encyclopedia of everything in the program.

diogenes

Post by diogenes » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi Sounbourne:

As I stated before, any clickin' on a "?" does not invoke anything!
I also discover a Help from the File menu. No Help comes on upon clicking there.

I'm quite familiar with ver.6, where the Help function works nicely.

Soundborne

Post by Soundborne » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 pm

You will probably get much better luck and quicker replies on the official Sibelius help forums. http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

Anyway, your problem could be that you don't have a program to view the PDF. Do you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer?

Another problem might be from the installation. When you installed, did you start opening up other applications and such? I've never actually had an issue with that, but I've been told that doing that can possibly mess things up.

diogenes

Post by diogenes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:13 am

You are wrong again.

Show me a computer that does not open PDF files!
Did YOU install ver.7 from a boxset / CD / DVD???

Soundborne

Post by Soundborne » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:48 am

Hey bud, if you want help from anyone, try to keep it polite. You won't get far in anything like that.

There is always the possibility that the Adobe Reader program is somehow broken or not running correctly. It's happened to me before. But hey, if you say it's working, then we just cancelled out one possibility.

I installed Sibelius 6 from a CD from the box, yes. I am trying out the Sibelius 7 demo right now, that I downloaded from the internet. It works fine.

Once again, you might have had a problem with the actual installation. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling. If there is a Repair feature in the uninstaller, try that instead.

HansNel

Post by HansNel » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi guys! It just so happens that I have the same problem. I have Adobe Acrobat Proffesional installed and it IS working as it shouls.

I installed Sibelius from the original cd's and installed the two updates. Pressing F1, clicking on the ? Button does nothing.

I search my whole hard drive for the Reference Guide but could not find it.

SO....in download it from Sib website and saved it on my desktop.

I still LOVE Sibelius 7 though!!
MUSIC - GLORY FROM GOD!

"Music's only purpose should be the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit." - J. S. Bach

Sibelius 7, Finale 2011, Sonar X1

diogenes

Post by diogenes » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 am

Hi guys:

I was on the phone with a gentleman from Tech Support, and he assured me that I do not get the Help because I was not using Adobe Acrobat reader, (I'm using FOXIT reader).

But, he told me where the Help pdf file is hiding, so I was able to create a shortcut icon to it, solving my problem thus.
The filename is: Sibelius Reference.pdf
Location: c:\programdata\avid\sibelius 7\resources\en.lproj\sibelius help\

It is quite interesting to learn that at least one user using Adobe Acrobat reader has the same symptoms caused by using non-Adobe readers.

Many thanks to all the members here who contributed to this topic.

:D :D :D