Document Setup Keeps Reverting!

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
oboeomen

Post by oboeomen » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:57 am

For some reason, at [seemingly] random times, my customized document setup will revert to the default (margins, staff distances, etc.). What causes this, and how do I prevent it?
gracias

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:43 am

Nothing better than a good riddle! :)
This is a weird problem and I have never seen it happen nor have I heard about it. To be able to try and deduce a solution, I really do need some more information.

- Which version of Sibelius do you use?
- Which operating system drives your computer? (Win or Mac)

You say that the "customized document setup reverts to the default settings.
- How do you know that the "new" settings are indeed default and what kind of document default is it? (One from the Manuscript papers, or another default ...?)
- Does this affect all settings in the Document Setup, or just some of them?
- Does this affect only the Document Setup, or also (parts of) your House Style?
- Does the problem occur when opening a score or at random when you are working on a score?
- Is there any relation to the problem occuring and things you create, type, shortcuts, navigating? (your message indicates that this is not the case, but I had to ask it anyway. Please think about it -again :? - )

Let me know your answers and let's try to solve this together.

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.