plugins not working

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
baz

Post by baz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:07 am

The plugin "add accidentals to all sharp and flat notes" does not seem to do anything, what am I missing. I'm using Sib. 4
thanks

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:12 am

I just tried this plugin and it worked fine. Maybe you did not quite grasp the intension of the plugin. In the Reference section, this is what is written about the plugin (I also included the other "add accidental" plugin so you can check the difference and the way to use them):

Add Accidentals to All Notes
Forces accidentals to be placed before every note, even naturals, or sharps/flats that are already in the key signature, or even if the note is tied to the preceding note. This notation is sometimes used in atonal scores, or other scores that don't use key signatures.

To use the plug-in, select the passage in which you want to add accidentals, and choose Plug-ins > Add Accidentals to All Notes. It's a good idea to do Layout > Reset Note Spacing afterwards to make room for all the newly-added accidentals.
... ...

Add Accidentals to All Sharp and Flat Notes
This plug-in adds accidentals to all sharp and flat notes, even if they occur earlier in the same bar, but not if they already exist in the key signature.

let me know if this explanation gives you more clues.

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.

baz

Post by baz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:09 pm

That explains it, I was thinking that it would behave the same way as the Finale Cautionary accidentals plugin.
thanks

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:37 pm

If cautionary accidentals is what you need, it's kinda obvious you should use the "Add Cautionary Accidentals" Plugin. (But I guess you already know that)

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.