VIVA SIBELIUS!

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
HansNel

Post by HansNel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:52 pm

I must just say that I've been using Sibelius for a while now, converting from Finale, and I am absolutely impressed/stunned by this software. Great thought and amazing programming has gone into making this software. I know this as there are so many times when I do something in Siblius and, being used to Finale's 'unintelligence', expect lots of steps to perform do to a task only to discover Sibelius was programmed to think FOR ME. It's like the programmers thought / anticipated every move an engraver will make. There are hundreds of amazing examples but to mention but one will be:

It is a massive task in Finale to create (in, say, drum kit parts) 1,2 or 4 bar repeat bars. Every number must be put manually above every bar. Their repeat bar plug-in is useless. If I delete one repeat bar from the score, I have to manually fix EVERY number above the bars. Resizing a system causes all numbers to shift all over the pleace. Part ediding in Finale was a nightmare for me.

BUT, today I created all 3 kinds of repeat bars in my score and the numbers appeared automatically! Between bar 13 and 15 (of 24 repeat bars), I mistakenly missed to create a repeat bar (the notes was still in the bar) and when I created the repeat sign, all the numbering adjusted automatically! What a time saver! And I dicovered a LOT of these wonderful surprises (functionalities) using Sibelius.

Like I said, being used to Finale and it's "unintelligent ways", I'm one of those fortunate guys who really can tell the difference between these software. Every day, using Sibelius, I am surprised with something else. I LOVE this software!

My only regret is that I did not move to Sibelius years ago. Way to go Avid! Keep soaring the skies!

P.S. I've written an app for my iPad2 which connects to Sibelius making my Sibelius experience even greater.
MUSIC - GLORY FROM GOD!

"Music's only purpose should be the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit." - J. S. Bach

Sibelius 7, Finale 2011, Sonar X1