Sib7: How to definitively get a New Instrument in a Family ?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
grenal1

Post by grenal1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi
I'm fighting with Sibelius 7 about this :
I want to add a guitare with a specific tuning , and I want to get it in the Guitar Acoustic Familly, likewise the DADGAD guitar [tab] tuning is available in the list.
My way to do it : I select for example the "Guitar Acoustic DADGAD [tab]" instrument, then click on New Instrument, so Sibelius ask me "Are you sure you want to create a New Instrument from Guitar Acoustic DADGAD ?" So "Yes" ! Then I change the Name for a New Instrument Let's say "Guitar Acoustic My Tuning 1" , and the name which will appear later in the score, and I edit every guitar chord tuning to set the tuning I want, and finally I click on OK. Then the "Guitar Acoustic My Tuning 1" name is displayed in the list, I added it in the Guitar Acoustic Family as required, and then click on Close and Quit the score.
Then I open a new score, and there is my problem : the new Instrument "Guitar Acoustic My Tuning 1" does not appear anymore in Guitare Acoustic Family, and in whatever else family !!! How the hell can we make it definitively be in a Family for further score ?
I tried to create a new Family to gather all "My Tunings" Instruments, but even the new Family does not appear when opening a new score ... where am I missing something ?
Thanks for your help.
Alain (sorry for my english, I'm french ;-) )

grenal1

Post by grenal1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm

So, "nobody knows" ? :wink:

:cry:

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 am

The only way I know of to save edits like this is to "Export as a House Style", in the Apperance tab.

Bob
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

zohaa

Post by zohaa » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Fill every bar with short duration notes, like semiquavers, and then hide them.