Spacial Notation, Equal Measure Sizes

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
GuruComposer

Post by GuruComposer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:48 am

Hi everyone. I am trying to make a score where 1 second equals one measure, and the notes are all spacial notation. For example, one may think of this as 1/4 time signature in quarter = 60. However, I need all of my measures to be the equal size horizontally in order for my score to work out. Is there a way to make sure each measure is the same exact size horizontally, regardless of how many notes per measure? If I can make every measure the same size, my idea for spacial notation will work out. I just need to know how to do this. Thanks!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Fill every bar with short duration notes, like semiquavers, and then hide them.

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 am

Just to add.
One way would be to create your score ands add an extra instrument of any type. Fill that line with the smallest duration note you will write. 16ths are a safe bet. Write the piece. In Sibelius 7 (and 6, I think)there is a "Focus on Staves" button. CTRL+Select all the first measures of the lines you want to keep (that would be every line but the added one), hit the Focus on Staves button, and you will be left with even sized measures.

Bob
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

GuruComposer

Post by GuruComposer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 am

Hey thanks, guys that is a ton of help! I have another concern for this piece, however.

Is there anyway to make a downbeat of notes come on a bar line? For example, if I wanted all of the players to coordinate in my spacial notation score at one moment. How would I notate all of the instruments together to come on a barline?

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 am

I think I would have to see on paper what hyou are trying to do. Could you attach a jpg or something? There might be a completely different why to do what you want. There are note symbols you might be able to use instead of the usual notes entered on the staff. I'm not sure what you are after.

Bob
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop