Notation not exporting correctly

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Tommo020788

Post by Tommo020788 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 am

Hi there,
I have a score I have written with a number of different instruments.
The song was actually originally written in an old version of sibelius, and I imported the file into the new sibelius 7.
From there, I changed a few instruments, but I did not touch the notation.

When I play the song within sibelius, it sounds great, no problems, everything sounds perfect.
But when I export the song to Wav format, and play the wav file, some of the notes that are supposed to be slurred, are not slurring, and the notes seem to not be the right length either.
The problem seems only noticeable in one line (solo vc/the cello) line, that comes in as a solo during the chorus.

I really don't understand why it sounds wrong when it is exported, but sounds great when its played within sibelius... It makes no sense to me...

What could be the problem here?
Thanks

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Make sure you have the latest version of Sibelius (7.1.3) and updated sounds.
Sometimes Sibelius gets confused when working with older versions of scores. Try deleting the problem slurs and re-entering them. Select the first note, hit "s" then stretch the slur as far as you need to.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Tommo020788

Post by Tommo020788 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Yeah i've tried re-entering the slurs already.
I haven't tried re-entering the notes though... maybe that would fix it?

Tommo020788

Post by Tommo020788 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:29 pm

UPDATE:
I tried re-entering the notes, tried copying the notes and everything into a new instrument line, and its still getting the same problem.

Something strange though, is that if I export to midi, it doesn't have the problem... The notes all play correctly, the right length, and with the slurs...
So why would it export correctly to midi, but not to wav?

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Try turning off Live Playback in the play tab. If you ever worked with this file in midi format, there may be midi instructions fouling things up.
It would be nice for me to see your sib file, but I'm not sure how to do that here.
Also, in Preferences/playback make sure 128 channels is selected.
And what are your computer specs? You need pretty hefty specs to run Sibelius 7.Which sounds are you using. Try using the lite sound set. If you udgraded from 65 and it is still installed, you can use that sound set.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

exaltedwombat

Post by exaltedwombat » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:14 am

Ask the question at the official Sibelius forum
http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3
where you can also attach the sib file. You'll quickly get expert help.