Import MIDI

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
GuitarFreak

Post by GuitarFreak » Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 am

Hello guys,

I really urgently need help. I have soon an audition, where I need my scores.
Well, I have a piece written in Cubase 6 64 bit, I wanted to get a accurate score and "imported" the MIDI file.
Alright...
So when I import the piece, I have 10 Celli, 2 Viola and 2 Pianos.
The problem is, that I need all the voices together ALL TIME (PROBLEM 1). Now Sibelius (I have Sibelius 7 First) shows only the voices, when they really play. I would more prefer a variant, where there are all voices shown with breaks.

Also I have a problem: I have two piano players, and he just gives me Violin key for each of them. In the second piano voice I need Bass key, my question: How can I edit it, so I maybe have Violin and Bass key? (PROBLEM 2)

I'm very new in terms of working with Sibelius.
Also my question: how can I just tell him, that the piece is not straight? It's a swing rhythm? So the thirds are basic eight notes.
I already needed to cut all the pedal notes, because the piano plays a lot of notes that "ring together". Sibelius worked it out with ties. That looks crappy with sixteenth notes. Anyone knows how he "understands the pedal notes"? (PROBLEM 3) How can I select the WHOLE score? (PROBLEM 4)
Alright... A whole bunch of problems. I would be really appreciating any help.

Thank you,

GuitarFreak