pizzicato playback not working anymore

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
adriano

Post by adriano » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 pm

It is really a shame. In old times such things never happened.
Now, no matter which internal or external player I use on a Windows or an iMac computer, in all of my previous and new Sibelius 6 scores, "pizz." are totally ignored during playbacks.
I really cannot understand why your programmers make our lives so difficult with such simple features. Of course you may give the fault to those eternal Windows or Mac updates. In any case it is really annoying and frustrating - and such kind of surprises always come when a composer has urgently to deliver a new work with synthetic sounds - and loses his commitment because of silly software problems.
The same goes with the new Roland Integra, which is promoted everywhere (and recommended by Sibleius!), but is still unable to supply Sibelius sound sets. With this soundbank (super sounds!), "pizz." is also impossible on both Windows 8 and Mavericks, so I just ask myself why I have bought it. And why I am still on Sibelius and why I have two computers to be sure that at least on one I can work properly but on both nothing goes right anymore.
In other words, I cannot play my scores anymore in a minimal simple way as it was in the past during many many years (I was one of Switzerland's first Sibelius users).

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Adriano

This forum has no connection with Avid, the company that owns Sibelius. We are just a collection of users trying to help each other out.
Sibelius 6 is now quit old software. Sibelius does not support it's use on Windows 8. However, many people are using it on Windows 8 without problem. Can you play music files on this computer? Have you gone to Playback Devices and made sure that there is a device (I forget what it is for Sib 6) listed in Active Devices on the right side? Does General Midi work? Have you restarted the computer since installing Sibelius? In Playback Devices/Audio Engine Options you can select various audio drivers. Some work better than others. Did you install Sibelius to the default location. If you did not problems can result sometimes. Check these things and report back.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop