Scoring for keyboard/synthesiser

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Phillip

Post by Phillip » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:51 pm

I am making Christmas carol arrangements for a small ensemble. The rhythm section (piano, drums, bass, guitar) is reliable, but other parts are a bit ad hoc. They can include flute, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet, violin and cello. Because these parts are unreliable, I should like to also use a keyboard (probably Yamaha) to fill in, and also to take any missing parts where these are particularly important (e.g. a trumpet counter-melody). So the keyboard will probably mostly take the role of a missing string section, but occasionally do something different. The player will need to use their judgement to follow the cue for a missing part, or play their own part (or a slightly improvised version) instead.

Now I have spent days trying to work this out and I have failed dismally. Using Sibelius 7.5, can you help me (a) to add appropriate instructions so that the musician knows what they are supposed to do, and (b) to get the software to play something that more or less replicates what is intended?

Thanks for any advice.

Phillip