Hiding Empty Piano Staves?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:57 pm

I have a regular piano part in my score that has two staves, treble and bass, and I'm really just using one, the treble or right hand. I'm using slash marks in the right hand with chord symbols underneath the slash marks. There are a few measures with right hand and left hand music or notes, but not too many. I would like to hide the left hand for most of the piano part. I tried going to Layout>Hide Empty Staves, but nothing is happening. When I highlight the left hand part it also highlights the chord symbols which are underneath the slash marks and that didn't work. I tried putting the chord symbols above the right hand stave just above the slash marks and highlighting the left hand then going to Layout>Hide Empty staves and that didn't work.
Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
Thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:17 pm

In every score I have ever seen, chord symbols go above the right hand. Figured bass goes below the left hand.

Seems hide empty staves may not work in panorama view. Otherwise, try selecting one page of the left hand and try to hide it. On my system, if I used a page with any notes in the left hand, hide did not work. But did work on a page without notes in the left hand. I don't use hide staves so I can't say much more. To me it is confusing to have things popping in and out.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop