Jazz big band arrangement?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Oleo
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by Oleo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi,

I'd like to make a jazz big band arrangement (saxes, trumpets, trombones, piano, drums) using some common effects and dynamics used in that genre.

I would like to use the available Sibelius 7 sounds and effects to such an extent that the playback approaches "as much as possible" what I hear in my head. Big band music is typcialy very expressive (as opposed to the "mechanical" sounds of notation software), but I want to give it a try.

I already played around a bit in Sibelius 7 but it appears to me it will take weeks searching (the internet) and posting on this forum before I understand what is and what is not possible to achieve with Sibelius 7 with respect to the big band genre.

I think my progress would be much quicker if I could study some existing big band arrangements made with Sibelius, not so much for the arrangement itself but rather to understand in which way good use was made of available sounds, dynamics and effects.

So my question is: anyone has such an arrangement in .sib format for me to study, or do you know where I could find one?

Thanks in advance.