Can't open/convert etf files

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
petergam

Post by petergam » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 am

Can anyone point me in the direction of Finale 2002b (or similar) so that I can convert etf files into xml, which will then allow me to import into Sibelius 7? I have Finale NotePad 2008 and 2012 but they don't support this. The Finale site doesn't seem to have old program files for download, only updates.
The huge and valuable resource which is CPDL contains a massive amount of etf files which are unavailable to many.

Thank you.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:20 pm

You're basically asking a Finale question on a Sibelius forum, but I guess you know that anyway!

Looking on the Finale equivalent to this forum, I read that Finale versions up to 2011 could read ETF files. Print Music couldn't, and it doesn't mention Note Pad at all. Perhaps F2012 was where Make Music drew the line on backwards compatibility? I have no idea, I haven't used Finale for five or six years.

Worth asking again on a Finale forum, whether the unofficial one, www.finaleforum.com, or an official Make Music one, see if anyone there knows.