Sibelius 7 on Surface Pro 4 (Windows 10)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Muserings
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Windows

Post by Muserings » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:11 pm

This is my first post (well copy of first post) so sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I have just bought a surface 4 to use with Sibelius and StaffPad.

I have been using Sibelius since the Acorn days and currently have 7.1

I am not sure if the problem is related to Windows 10 or the Surface 4 but basically, if I click on Sibelius it won't load and seems stuck (using a lot of RAM and processor) trying to load 'start' screen. However, if I click directly on a already made score file it loads and works.

Same problem when quitting a score, it tries to load starting/finishing screen and fails but you can see in task manager about 33% use of processor next to Sibelius icon!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

ICTatSCBC
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3

Post by ICTatSCBC » Wed May 25, 2016 12:09 am

Hi, have you made any headway with this one, I'm in the same boat.

Adam

ICTatSCBC
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3

Post by ICTatSCBC » Thu May 26, 2016 12:34 am

Solution :-) Thanks to Sebelius support

Right Click on the desktop
Go to display settings
Adjust - Change the size of text, apps, and other items - to 150% or less

So simple

Muserings
Sibelius Version: 7

Post by Muserings » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Hello again,

The display 'solution' didn't work with me but I disabled the splash screen (opening menu) and have been working with Sibelius for a while with minimal problems.

However, it has gone wrong again today. If I click on Sibelius direct it just loads up and there is nothing there (task manager says 30% of CPU is being used on Sib but there is nothing to show for it!

If I load up an old score by clicking directly on it then it will load it properly. However, if I try and start a new score from Sibelius it just crashes and doesn't respond.

Please help I have work to do and can not start a new score!!

Thanks,
Richard

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:09 pm

Richard,

What are the specs of your Surface Pro? Which version of Sib. 7? Are you launching Sibelius from the Start Menu or a desktop icon?

Some thins to try.
Change display settings to %100, not just to below %150.
Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Avid/Sibelius 7/. Scroll down to the Sibelius exe. Double clic. If Sibelius opens, you will know that your other short cuts are not good. Right clic the exe. and send to desktop. Delete the old icon, if there is one.
Try running Sibelius as Administrator by a right clic of the exe. From the right clic, you can also troubleshoot compatibility.
If Sibelius does not open, reinstall the Sibelius software (but not the sounds). There is an outside chance you might have to install with an older OS compatibility setting.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop