ties and repeat bars

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
jongtr
Sibelius Version: first
Operating System: Windows

Post by jongtr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:54 pm

(deleted post)
Last edited by jongtr on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Use non-magnetic slurs, even in place of the ties, and adjust the end points to suit. The 'ties' won't play back properly, of course.

As for lines, click their handles and adjust as required, perhaps turning off Magnetic Layout on an item by item basis if necessary.

jongtr
Sibelius Version: first

Post by jongtr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks - sorry I missed your reply while editing and then deleting my query (because I thought I'd fixed it).

I tried non-magnetic ties, but they didn't work. However I did find a way that did.

The problem seemed to only occur between pages, and not between bars on the same line, or between lines on the same page. I couldn't place a non-magnetic slur without it attaching across to the first note on the next page - unless I re-formatted so that the bars in question were on the same line. Then a slur or line could be detached from the next note, and it stayed in place when re-formatting the page break again.
(Of course I may be confused about the exact sequence of events, so I'll experiment again to see if I can re-create the problem.)