Sound Output Troubles

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
JMFallet
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by JMFallet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Hello all from rainy Southern Indiana. :D

I am having trouble with my sound playback. I use Bluetooth External speakers on a Mac running El Capitan. When I start Sibelius, the "startup orchestral bars" play fine through the Bluetooth speakers. So does everything else including iTunes, streaming, alert sounds, etc. In fact, I cannot find anything that does not play though the Bluetooth speakers except Sibelius. I am using 7.5 if that makes a difference. I have no MIDI inputs or outputs.

Sibelius played fine through these speakers last week. I can only imagine that I changed something accidently. I have searched this board and the Sib Music Manual, without any solution.

Does anyone have ANY IDEA of how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks,

JM
http://www.allbrassradio.com

JMFallet
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by JMFallet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:51 pm

I will answer my own question. I have used Sibelius from the beginning with the very first version. The output has been something like:

Go under the Play menu in Sibelius, and select Playback Devices. In that window, click on the Audio Engine Options button on the bottom and select the output device.

That kind of setup is not available in Sib 7.5

Instead, I went to Play Menu, went to setup, selected playback devices, and THEN selected Audio Engine Options. From there I could select the playback device and sound sets.

I have been doing this instead of composing for hours now. It is only a minor change in how things work in Sibelius, but when you are used to one way, a small change can really hit you hard.

Perhaps my headbanging will help someone else in the future.

JM
http://www.allbrassradio.com

eamonlaser
Sibelius Version: 2018.7

Post by eamonlaser » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 pm

I know this is an old post, but I've been trying to figure this out for, well since I've had Sibelius!

On my Mac:
Play menu > Setup > Audio Engine Options > Interface