Section Tremolo Playback

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
TheBandGeek
Sibelius Version: 8.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by TheBandGeek » Sun May 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Hello,
So I'm writing an orchestral piece. I'm using Sibelius sounds and I'm on Sibelius 8.1 . When I notate tremolo on a string staff, let's say violin, it plays back in unison and it sort of sounds like a helicopter :lol: is there anyway to make it so that it sounds like multiple players playing tremolo not together? Thanks!
-TheBandGeek

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Mon May 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Tremolo strings are always hard to get right as a patch, and some do sound poor. If you don't like this one, then you'll have to buy a sound library that has a tremolo strings patch that you do like! Garritan Personal Orchestra and Note Performer might be better.

I never use Sibelius for proper playback, a sequencer does it so much better, and I can layer two or three tremolo patches together.They'll never trem in synch so the results are more lifelike. Could you do this in Sibelius using trem violins, cellos and violas together. You'd end up with one score for printing and one for playback but it might do what you want.

OneAegis
Sibelius Version: 8.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by OneAegis » Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 pm

What sequencers do you recommend using for things like that?

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Thu May 19, 2016 7:38 am

Whatever you like best! I've used Cubase for 20 years.