Changing Barlines via symbols and a plug-in

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Maughan
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by Maughan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Just trying to create a house style as much like my handwriting as possible.

When changing the barline symbol to a new symbol from a music font, there is no change (I've created a font with all required symbols for my house style). Other posts state that there is no way to change this.

The manual method is to make a barline invisible (via create invisible barline) or simply click the delete button to hide it, then whilst still selected, insert the new barline symbol as a system object. This works, but is slow when doing over an entire piece (although, in fairness the system object rules do mean I only have to do one staff of editing).

I've had a look into the plug-in editor and have gotten lost in the high level of programming required that I have no training in, would anyone have any ideas on how to program this simple and repetitive task?

As an extension, if the plug-in could recognise repeat/double/final barlines as well, replacing those with the relevant symbol, that would be amazing.

Maughan
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by Maughan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Turns out that tie lines and spacing doesn't work the symbol approach (tie lines over the barline cause symbols to move).

Would need a workaround for that if at all possible!

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:08 pm

I suspect that to do what you want, you will need to learn the plugin language. A simple task for you is not simple for a computer.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop