"DS al 2nd Ending" structure

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
RwwL
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by RwwL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:02 am

I've been learning pretty quickly with the v7.5 trial for about a week now, but setting up a "DS al 2nd Ending" sort of structure (like I've seen used in Real Book-style jazz lead sheets) is throwing me off. I've figured out how to use the DS/DC al Coda (or al Fine) features correctly, but when my first section has 1st & 2nd endings, it plays both endings after I send it back to the top (or to the signo at the start of the first section if there's a pickup bar). How do I set it to play just that second ending after DS/DC?

I've been asking Google all sorts of ways about this, but no luck yet — it can be tricky to find Sibelius info that's relevant to the right version. Thanks, and happy new year.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:36 am

Hi. In Play > Repeats, untick the box that says 'Play repeats after a D.S or D.C jump'. I just tried that on a simple example and it worked.
Last edited by KJ_Palmer on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

RwwL
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by RwwL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:38 am

Thanks a ton, KJ, that was exactly what I needed! How did I miss that for so long? Really need to take it slower, go through the whole Ribbon, and just make a mental inventory of everything that's there.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:45 am

No worries. Some things just aren't that obvious in Sibelius - I had to test it myself to make sure it worked. But mostly things are fine, just got to keep at it.

Happy new year to you too!
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11