Sibelius 8 TAB bug

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
idontcare
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by idontcare » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm getting a weird bug or something where every time I input a note on guitar tab, it instead inputs the number with another number either before or after the number I tried to input. For example, on the bottom line, I will press the "1" key and instead get "31" on the tab, then move to the next note and press "2" and instead get "12", an so on. It seems to be random and I have no idea what could cause this. I've tried resetting it multiple times and changing instruments, as well as opening old projects where this problem didn't occur but it remains even then. Any ideas?

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Sure sounds like some preference got changed somewhere. As an experiment, try writing a line or two in notation. Then use the plug-in to change it to tab. If it is correct, that would seem to narrow it to a keyboard input problem.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

idontcare
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by idontcare » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 pm

bobp wrote:Sure sounds like some preference got changed somewhere. As an experiment, try writing a line or two in notation. Then use the plug-in to change it to tab. If it is correct, that would seem to narrow it to a keyboard input problem.
Standard notation works perfectly fine. Changing it to tab works fine too. Using the fretboard diagram to input also works. I checked all the relevant preferences and nothing has been changed. It only happens with the main number keys. I've even tried different keyboards. It's hard to even tell what exactly the program is doing because, like I said, it appears random at times. I'll type "8" but instead it will input "54", which obviously isn't even the instruments range. Very mysterious.

Denny
Sibelius Version: 2021.2

Post by Denny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:07 pm

Did you ever find out what caused this? I'm having he same issue with 2021.2.