Width of Staff

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Steven
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Mac

Post by Steven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:20 pm

I am trying to get Sibelius scores ready for a publisher. If I measure the width of a stave in Sibelius as it is currently configured it is 21 centimeters. Measuring a copy of one of the printed works of this publisher a stave measures 20 centimeters. How can I alter my Sibelius files so that they measure 20 centimeters?

Thank you for considering this request for assistance.

All the best.

stevenedis
Sibelius Version: 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by stevenedis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Increase the size of the staff margins in your "Document Setup" [or "Page Setup"]. You might need to experiment a bit to get the stave length to be as you want it.
Steve

Steven
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Mac

Post by Steven » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:35 am

Thanks, Steve, for your help.

It did take some experimentation. Just how this will effect the margins, which are also set by the style sheet of the publisher, remains to be seen. It also complicated by the fact that they print on 9 x 12 paper, but my printer won't accommodate that size paper.

I do appreciate your kindness in replying to my query. All the best.

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Or in Sib. 7 and above, Layout tab/Staff Size (over on the left).
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

redplastictrombone
Sibelius Version: 7.1

Post by redplastictrombone » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Can you help
Used Sib for years.... now run 7.1 on windows 10 for over year- no probs til today. Windows 'configured' my computer ans now sib won't run.... error message
Oxc0000020.... something about not supporting script. Have re-installed sib but still same message. About 10 years of work unaccessable.

stevenedis
Sibelius Version: 6.2

Post by stevenedis » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:49 pm

There was a similar post on the official Sibelius forum today.

Just in case this is the same problem you are suffering from, here is the solution which was posted.

>>>This message is typical of what has been reported before as damage done to a Sibelius installation by McAfee anti-virus on Windows 10.

>>>To correct the situation:
- completely uninstall McAfee anti-virus and never re-install it again;
- re-install Sibelius and Avid Application Manager, to replace the damaged files.

>>>Then try running Sibelius again.