PDF printing problems in multipage documents

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Telyn
Sibelius Version: 8.0.1 build 40
Operating System: Mac

Post by Telyn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Has anyone had any problems with printing Sibelius generated PDFs? The PDFs miss letters in text, punctuation, and also miss note heads and stems. These are inconsistent across the pages. The PDF itself looks fine on the screen.

I'm using Sibelius 8 on a mac and have had problems with both third party files and also files I've created. Any ideas greatly welcomed, I'm investigating this end too. Thanks in advance!

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 pm

While this sounds a bit like a problem with your system, you might try CutePDF Writer.

Not all PDFs are created equal. If you've ever tried to open a PDF in PhotoScore, you may have found (as I have) that some will not open. After using CutePDF, PhotoScore can open the file. This is free software. It might make a PDF that prints properly.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Telyn
Sibelius Version: 8.0.1 build 40
Operating System: Mac

Post by Telyn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Great, thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely try that out.

We just tried swapping between printing from a mac and printing exactly the same PDF from a PC. Hey presto, no problem... Apparently macs can have not great results dealing with fonts. I might try exporting images as a PNG and then converting those to a PDF to see if I can get something stable for macs and PCs.