Looking For A Shortcut.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:25 pm

If a shortcut exists I would love to know it. Many times I copy the piano part (right hand) with slash marks in the measures and chord names above the measure. I copy it and paste it to the guitar part. When I do this the slash marks and chord names (with the guitar fret board showing) go above the guitar staff in stead of in the measures. Is there a way of the piano part going into the guitar part exactly as is in the piano part? Now when I paste the piano part into the guitar part I have to highlight the guitar fret boards one at a time and delete it them. Then I have to highlight the slash marks again one at a time and bring them down into the guitar measure. Then I have to highlight the chord names, again one at a time and lower them so they sit right on the top of the measure. This is really tedious and time consuming. Is there a shorter way of doing this?
Thanks for any help.

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 pm

There are probably lots of ways to do this. What happens if you copy the part into a generic treble clef line, then change the name of the line to guitar.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:36 am

triple click the guitar staff then [ctrl/cmd][down arrow]?

Slash notation is all on the same pitch, so you should be able to move it down all at once, rather than one note at a time.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

sus4

Post by sus4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Great. What I did was copy the piano part to the guitar staff and all I needed to do was hold down just the Control key and the down arrow and every thing started to move down to where I wanted it on the staff. And while everything was still highlighted I went to Text > Chord Symbols > Add Remove > Add/Remove Chord Diagram and all the guitar frets were removed. This is great. Saves a lot of time and frustration. Thanks for all your help.