Sib 6.2: Screen Moving Around when Selecting things

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Eriias
Sibelius Version: 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by Eriias » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, so I hope this is the right place.

Just today I've noticed a rather odd and annoying issue. When I click on a note in my score, or if I move it (with the up/down arrow keys to change the pitch), my screen suddenly shifts, and often not even in a way so as to put the note in view. I'm using Sibelius 6.2 on Windows 8, and this is in Panorama view at 125% zoom (I'm visually impaired so the zoom is very necessary).

I can't seem to replicate all of it now to describe it better (typical...) except for the camera moving when I change a pitch. I tried to attach a before and after of the screen moving just by moving a pitch, but, that doesn't seem to have stuck? Oh well.

tl;dr: Is there a way to make Sibelius NOT move the screen/camera when I alter or highlight a note? It's giving me a headache having things flip around like this while I'm editing.

Thank you for your time!

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Two things come to mind.

First turn off panorama. It causes more problems than it may be worth. If thinks stay stable, I would leave it off.

Second, I don't remember if Sibelius is picky about DPI setting. Some software won't show properly if the setting is not at default. Actually, if vision is a problem, I would think that a larger monitor would be a good investment. Better for your eyes too, over all.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:19 am

Could it be anything to do with these settings?
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk