Cannot seem to [i]disconnect[/i] a part from its score staff

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
DrLou
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by DrLou » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Having trouble transposing a given part in situ - without modifying its line on the score ( as i understand should be a basic capability of Sibelius. ) Simply: My Bass Clarinet line is in C on the score, and most note heads fall within the ledger lines (for the sake of argument). When the part is produced however, though the transcription is technically accurate, the notes appear a full octave above where the musician would like to see them. I'd like to simply octave the part down, while leaving the score untouched.

Though it seems clear I should triple click to select the entire part, then transpose it independently, I cannot do this. If I select all within the part, any transposition within the part changes the original staff within the score - as expected. This is clearly exactly what I don't want to to do.

First, have I got it wrong? Do I understand the capability correctly? Is it possible I've triggered some setting to lock out this capability within this score?

Tks for any help.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 am

There is something wrong with the staff.

The bass clarinet instruments (of which there are 3) in Sibelius produce different results. If your player wants to see the part in treble clef, use Bass Clarinet in Bb [Bass clef, Treble transp.] which is designed so that the notes will appear as treble clef transposed up an 8ve in Bb. If your player is a bass clef reader, then use one of the other instruments which produce parts in bass clef at pitch.

Have you accidentally turned off transposing in the part? The transposing score button works independently in the score and the parts.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk