Changing a Chord.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 pm

I wrote a chord in Sibelius and it's not accepting it. It's giving me it's own version of the chord which I don't like. How do I write in my own chord and have Sibelius accept and keep it?
Thanks.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:29 pm

You can use 'Legacy Chords' if the type of chord isn't accepted. Explained more in the Reference.

You also have options for the appearance of chords, like the use of a superscript o for diminished or 'dim'. Maybe you meant that? There's a whole page of options for these. Where they are depends on the version of Sib that you're using.

A search here or on the official forum will bring up many threads asking the same sort of question, worth a look!

sus4

Post by sus4 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm not concerned about the appearance of the chord I'm just concerned about the name of it. I checked out the Legacy Chords in reference and couldn't get it to work, at least that's how it seemed. The chord I'm trying to name is a Bb7b5+7. The last 7 is the major 7th of the chord. Sibelius named it as an Amaj7sus4/Bb...not what I want. I like my version better. Of course if I have no other choice I'll use it.
In reference it stated you can use Legacy Chord as a one shot thing which would work in this instance, but couldn't get it to work or maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Thanks for your input.

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:00 pm

I'm nor so sure I would read "+7" as a major 7th.
But anyway, spend some time reading about the "Edit cord symbols" section of the manual. There are suggestions on how to get them to printout the way you want.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop