Play Software not appearing in Active Devices

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
ameliahughes
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by ameliahughes » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Hey,
So I know that this is probably the easiest fix for so many people, but I can't get the Play software to appear in Active Devices. I've read every forum and watched ever video and I still can't get it to show up. I'm currently using the Sibelius monthly subscription, so I'm assuming that means I'm using the latest version. I'm running this on Windows and I've downloaded and installed the EWQL soundsets into Sibelius' hidden files. Any help with this would greatly appreciated. I've been trying to get this all up and running for a week now and I'm just about to go out of my mind. Thanks

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:43 am

Have you had Sibelius re scan folders in Audio Engine Options?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

ameliahughes

Post by ameliahughes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:07 am

Yes, I have several times to no avail. I was wondering if I needed to download jbridge and convert Play into a 32bit plug-in?

ameliahughes

Post by ameliahughes » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:43 am

Hey,
Just thought I'd give an update. Initially I couldn't locate the 64bit PLAY dll file (play_VST_x64.dll). Turns out it wasn't even on my computer! So I had to uninstall and reinstall Play and then I found it in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins. When I clicked on the Audio Engines Options in Sibelius and then clicked folder, I would search for the above mentioned location, but the dll file wouldn't appear when I clicked into the folder. I decided to just click the folder and not go into it and then all the play instances were loaded in when I restarted Sibeliuis!

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Thanks for posting your fix.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop