Using Sibelius parallell on Mac and Win - custom Fonts

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
svenratzel
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by svenratzel » Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 am

I'm using Sibelius Ultimate on both a Mac and a Windows machine. When I go back and forth between the systems the files are generally handeled fine but when I use custom fonts like a Museo Slab or Harriet Black italic that is a bought font they register with different names in the operating system and sibelius doesn't recognize them as the same fonts and reports them as missing fonts or replaces them automatically.
For example on Win:
Font Family: Museo Slab 300, Style: Regular
and on Mac:
Font Family: Museo Slab, Style: 300
With other custom fonts it is a similar problem.
When I try to do the proper font replacement in the Options I can not choose the font names of the other system, so this doesn't work.
The fonts are rendered fine when I save on Windows and then try to open on mac. It asks to replace the fonts and then everything works fine. But when I then save on the Mac and try to open on windows again, all fonts are replaced with Times New Roman.

Has someone had this problem as well and how did you solve it?

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Considering the internal differences between the two OS's, I'm surprised fonts are the only problem. I think that is is not a Sibelius issue. I suspect the same might happen with Word documents. You may need to research how Mac and Windows deal with fonts.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop