new forum questions

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
bmoore
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by bmoore » Thu May 10, 2018 3:49 pm

I'm using the newly-designed support forum for the first time and I have some questions. Any help would be appreciated.
Is there an article describing the changes and their rationale?
In the old forum I could search articles. Is that still possible?
In the old forum I always seached for "all words" in "subject titles only" which usually gave me great results. Now when I search for "new forum," for example it tells me the words are "too common." Same with "no sound." But in the old system these terms would deliver fairly narrow results if I specified "any" and "subject only". Is there a way around this problem?
Thanks. Ben

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Fri May 11, 2018 8:17 am

??

You asking about THIS forum? Newly designed? When?

You do realise that this is a very old, totally unofficial forum (it was once the haunt of those with cracked copies of Sibelius who couldn't join the official forum), and that there are now probably just three or four people answering questions when they can?

If you want the official Sibelius forum, it's here: http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

If you have a Sibelius question, ask away, and someone may be able to help. But as for using this forum, I think that's something you'll have to figure out for yourself as we won't have a clue as to the 'rationale behind any changes'!

bmoore
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by bmoore » Fri May 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Wow. I was confused.
Thanks for setting me straight!