Part Name Missing

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
harrisonjcollins
Sibelius Version: 2020.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by harrisonjcollins » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:27 am

Hi all,

My issue is that the part name, usually found in the upper left corner of the score and parts, is completely missing. The "backstage" area contains this information, I have hidden objects viewable in the view tab, and the instrument name settings in the appearance tab are in their normal settings. I do not know how to restore the part name- and it's pretty important that I do!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT- with the help of a friend, I figured this one out. If anyone else encounters the problem, here's how I fixed it- under text styles, I used the "instrument name at top left" with the wildcard \$HEADERPARTNAME\ to restore the top left title. On all following pages, to restore the top center title, I went to text sales and used the "header (after first page)"- I used it on the FIRST page, because it automatically disappears on the page you place it on and appears on all subsequent pages. I used the same wildcard here to make the part names appear. Done!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:35 am

It's easier and quicker to just create a new part in the score (any instrument will do) and then delete it. You will now have yoiur partnames back again.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk