Graphics on Tacet Sheet

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
jotunes
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by jotunes » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Hey all, here's one! I'm on 8.4.2

My current project requires a logo (graphic) on the first page of each part. I've managed to make it work mostly, but because a graphic seems to need to be attached to a note or rest, inserting a graphic onto a tacet sheet breaks the tacet sheet up into a mess of multi-rests.

I've managed a few times to insert the graphic then quickly export a pdf, but it will stay as a tacet sheet only briefly, and this process is tedious and precarious. Any major adjustments to the graphic's position, or really any alteration to the page whatsoever blows the whole thing up into multi-rests (because it sees an object on the staff), even navigating away from that part etc., it won't stay a tacet sheet.

Is there any way around this? Seems silly that one can't just drop a graphic wherever they need.

Please help! I have a lot to turn out and this is slowing me down big time! :cry: :cry: :cry:

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:18 pm

I've seen an article about how to do this, It is to do with placing a graphic on a cover page in the place where you want it to appear on the part. It should be attached to a title on blank page text object. When you have placed the logo to your satisfaction, delete the text. The graphic will now appear on all parts.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk