Help! Desperately need Prokofiev's Cinderella in a .sib file

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Jegon
Sibelius Version: 7.13
Operating System: Mac

Post by Jegon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 pm

My Mac crashed and lost all my files (believe me I know...external hard-drive now purchased and I have tried everything with my laptop guru to try and retrieve the memory to no avail). On it was my latest arrangements for our school gala, one of them being an orchestral arrangement of Prokofiev's Cinderella Op. 87 sections 15 and 17 (Fairy Autumn and Interrupted Departure). I do not have time to re-enter the piece so am desperately hoping someone has these in a sib, midi or XML file as Photoscore plays a merry hell with them. All help appreciated!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am

This is an unofficial, and relatively little used, site. You might ask the same question on the official Sibelius chat page: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3 It's a long shot but you never know!

Be prepared for a few people to possibly tell you that you should have backed up everything regularly. I won't, as we've all been there and done it at least once.

Current advice is to back up regularly to an external drive/device that is then disconnected from the computer. I back up to an external drive and to two RAID servers, and sometimes to USB. Paranoid? Moi? :D