Finding Input Device --- trouble

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
zicktom

Post by zicktom » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 am

I seem to have the hardest time connecting my electric piano (Yamaha DGX-530) to Sibelius so that I can input notes. It's always hit or miss. I click on "Note Input" then "Input Devices." Then up comes the Input Devices page. But from there on I try clicking different things, until I just happen to hit the right combination, then I play a couple notes and the Note Tester responds and I'm connected. But the process of getting there never seems to happen the same way twice. And now, as I'm writing this, I can't get on at all. Can anyone tell me the exact procedure? Thank you!!!
Tom

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Yamaha. That's the most common problem.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

zicktom

Post by zicktom » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Thank you very much. I'll check!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 am

And make sure that the keyboard/piano is plugged in and switched on after you start your computer but before you start Sibelius.

The above Yamaha USB-MIDI driver advice applies only if you're connecting directly via USB, which is definitely the best way. If for some reason, you're using MIDI leads and some form of interface, then make sure you have a good quality one - not a cheap Chinese one - install the right drivers for it and make sure that your cables are all well connected and in the correct sockets. And then switch on in the order I just mentioned

zicktom

Post by zicktom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Thank you very much! I will do all of that! I have to admit, the whole trouble started when I tried to bring up the keyboard but I'd forgotten to connect to the computer that morning.
Sorry for the confusion everyone!
TD