Bar Numbers in new parts

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
ScottRossMolyneux
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by ScottRossMolyneux » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 pm

I've been working on a score that features string divisi. In order to include all of the staves in one part I made a new part with all three staves in it. However, in the new parts the bar numbers now all appear under the stave instead of above the stave. Perhaps this is because I hid the staves when they are empty? But even when all three staves appear the bar numbers still appear under the staves. I've tried fixing the the Text Style as well as the Design and Position but I don't seem to be able to get the bar numbers to show up as they do in other parts.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Have a look at Appearance->System Object Positions. If this part was made after the other parts, then there is a likelihood that it has not picked up the positions from the other parts (this happens all the time to me.) If I could be bothered, I'd make a new house style/mss paper but faffing about takes more time than I want to give to technicalities!

If that fails, then go to Engraving Rules->Bar Numbers and see what is selected there (bottom left).
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

ScottRossMolyneux
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by ScottRossMolyneux » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Got it! That fixed it. Thanks so much!