Cautionary Clef Change location

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
scarfinv
Sibelius Version: 7

Post by scarfinv » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:54 pm

I have a situation where I have two lines of music, in bass clef, that are repeated. The repeat sign at the start is at the beginning of system, and the repeat sign at the end, is at the end of a system.

The line immediately following the repeated section changes to tenor clef.

Sibelius puts the cautionary tenor clef at the end of the repeated section BEFORE the repeat sign - which is incorrect, because the repeated section is all in bass clef. I need the cautionary tenor clef to appear at the end of the system AFTER the repeat sign, and I can't seem to find a way to do that.

scarfinv
Sibelius Version: 7

Post by scarfinv » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:18 pm

I figured out how to do it.

I right-clicked on the end repeat sign, and chose Inspector. I then clicked on General and saw a Show option with a value for X and a value for Y. I clicked on the down arrow for the X value (to decrease it), and watched my barline slowly move to the left, away from the end of the system.

Once there was enough room, and I then dragged the cautionary tenor clef past the end repeat sign.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Alternatively you could have made a 1st time repeat and a 2nd time repeat, placing the clef change into the 2nd time bar.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk