Sibelius has deactivated

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
andrewd
Sibelius Version: 8.4.2.231
Operating System: Windows

Post by andrewd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 am

Hi! I have used Sibelius for many years and now work with 8.4.2. It has suddenly deactivated for no obvious reason. It was trying to save a file but my internet went down, possibly during the save process. I then got a grey screen and a message to say there was no response. When I tried to re-open Sibelius there was a message to tell me I had to reactivate it. Now there is nothing. It still shows up on my list of apps and features, as a single 1.42G file. I tried a cold re-boot and again got a (very brief) screen message to reactivate. Can somebody please help! TIA, Andrew

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am

Best post this on the official Sibelius chat page - https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3

This is an unofficial, unmonitored group. The official group is regularly monitored by Avid and there are dozens of members answering questions, rather than the three or four of us here.

I can't personally see any connection with the Internet going down and saving a file, unless you were somehow saving it to the 'cloud'. Sibelius isn't 'watching' the net! And a grey screen isn't likely to be anything to do with Sibelius.

When you post on the official forum, don't forget to add details of your computer, operating system etc. It's important!

andrewd
Sibelius Version: 8.4.2.231

Post by andrewd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Thank you andyg. I should have explained I was saving to the cloud at the time. However I will try this other group.