Converting triplets to dotted

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
chuckpuckett
Sibelius Version: 7.5.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by chuckpuckett » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 pm

I have a blues (show) tune that I wrote using triplets everywhere to give it the swing it needs. However, I fear the resulting vocal score is gonna frighten singers (it would scare the hell out of me :) ).

For some reason, I thought Sibelius at one time had a plugin that would convert triplets to the corresponding 1/8+1/16 (actually, in this song it's mainly dotted 1/8 + 1/16 to give that swing feel). However, just looking thru the list of delivered plugins, I don't see anything that obviously (by name) would do that. Does such a thing exist? Or does anyone have a clever way to achieve the same result?

Not looking forward to manually editing. For one thing, when you delete the triplet bar, the notes disappear too, so it's fairly tedious putting it all back.

Not lazy (much). Just looking for a way to let the computer do the drudge work. You know... what they were originally intended to do? :roll:

Tnx
Chuck Puckett
Against stupidity, the gods themselves strive in vain.
I don’t want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:56 pm

There are many more plug-ins on the Avid site.
If you wrote in triplets for playback, you didn't have to. There's a swing playback setting.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop