MIDI input for Drum Staff not working

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
behavioristband
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by behavioristband » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:25 pm

My MIDI keyboard is able to input notes for all instruments in my score except for drum set (or any other instrument with the unpitched percussion staff, where the clef is just two vertical lines like || ).

For example, if I select the Electric Bass staff and then noodle around on my keyboard, I'll see the grey preview notes show up on the staff and can input notes as normal. However, if I then select the Drum Set staff, pressing notes on the keyboard has no effect. Nothing plays back, and if I press a number to input a note, I just get a rest.

This seems to have happened by itself. Creating a new score from Sibelius template doesn't fix it, nor did a restart. Additionally, if I go into the Edit Instruments dialogue and select "Drum set" it appears that the drum mappings are set correctly. Any ideas on how I might fix this?

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Did this work in the past?

If not, I'm not surprised because these percussion lines are un-pitched and you are using a pitched source to input notes.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop